oscarandsophia

oscarandsophia
a place to buy my creations

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

corespinning is the bomb yo!



so today i'm off to the fiber garden in jordan for the first time! hope i find some loveliness, i'm hoping to get my hands on some superfine merino, cause it seems to be my new fave to spin. especially to corespin! i have also been experimenting with handpainting roving, pre-spinning and i'm LOVING the outcome. though corespinning is a little more labour intensive, it really creates a beautiful effect. i just have to work on my consistency, though i like the variations in size, i'm not a big fan of super super thin laceweight then almost super bulky...i'm gettin there, it's a step by step journey, and one that i think i'll always be on.


i spent a few hours the other day rearranging my craft area, getting my sewing machine set up and my wheel area cleaned out! now all my crafty fiber stuff is over here in the "dining room" and my wheel stands alone next to the rocking chair. this way, i'll only work on one yarn at a time, and i'll stick to my original plan. i'm VERY happy with the current state of affairs. also, it's more roomy for baby stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment